The Prostatitis Foundation

Medical Mistake Cost Man His Penis

 

Doctors Will Continue Using Prostatron

NASHVILLE, Tenn., 9:41 a.m. EDT May 15, 2001 -- A Tennessee man has reached an out-of-court lawsuit settlement over a medical mistake that cost him his penis.

Arthur Tucker was burned during a one-hour treatment for a swollen prostate with a microwave device called the Prostatron.

Doctors at Vanderbilt University Medical Center had to amputate his penis. Tucker and his wife sued Vanderbilt and the company that makes the device for $13 million.

The settlement was reached just as the case was to go to trial.

Terms aren't being disclosed, but the Tuckers' lawyer says they're satisfied.

Vanderbilt says it's going to continue using the Prostatron. It was approved by the FDA five years ago and the manufacturer says it's been used successfully on about 80,000 men.

 

.........................................................................................
We're sorry you are having to learn about prostatitis, but we're glad you came here, because we think we can help. Please be advised that the Prostatitis Foundation does
not warrant, support, sponsor, endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for any health care provider or any treatment or protocol performed by any heath care provider.

© The Prostatitis Foundation
.........................................................................................

 
Add To Site Contact Home